Sunday 14 October 2012

f e m a l e



“I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naïve or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.”
Anaïs Nin

“The strength of a woman is not measured by the impact that all her hardships in life have had on her; but the strength of a woman is measured by the extent of her refusal to allow those hardships to dictate her and who she becomes.”
C. JoyBell C.


“The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. ”
Roseanne Barr




“I have not yet spoken my last word about women. I believe that if a woman succeeds in withdrawing from the mass, or rather raising herself from above the mass, she grows ceaselessly and more than a man.”
Arthur Schopenhauer, Schopenhauer and the Wild Years of Philosophy


“Womanhood is a wonderful thing. In womankind we find the mothers of the race. There is no man so great, nor none sunk so low, but once he lay a helpless, innocent babe in a woman's arms and was dependent on her love and care for his existence. It is woman who rocks the cradle of the world and holds the first affections of mankind. She possesses a power beyond that of a king on his throne."
Mabel Hale, Beautiful Girlhood


“Woman's degradation is in mans idea of his sexual rights. Our religion, laws, customs, are all founded on the belief that woman was made for man.”
Elizabeth Cady Stanton






“Any woman who chooses to behave like a full human being should be warned that the armies of the status quo will treat her as something of a dirty joke . . . She will need her sisterhood.”
Gloria Steinem


“I won't be protected. I will choose for myself what is ladylike and right. To shield me is an insult.”
E.M. Forster



2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just wanted to thank you for your comment on my blog. I'm so sorry I'm only just replying. The police got ahold of my blog and I was told that for the duration of the trial I wasn't allowed to update it or even visit it, just in case the defence found the link to it. But - the trial is now over. So, I just wanted to say thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem & you're so welcome, good luck with everything x

      Delete